- Designed, implemented, and optimized quantitative multimodal optical imaging platform for studying the neurovascular hemodynamics of ischemic stroke.
- Rapid development of clinical laser speckle contrast imaging (LSCI) system for intraoperative blood flow monitoring during neurosurgery.
- Modernized multi-exposure speckle imaging (MESI) optical system
- Development of custom software (Qt C++) for real-time LSCI acquisition, processing, and visualization.
- Development of numerical Monte Carlo model of dynamic light scattering for computational speckle contrast optical tomography in the brain.
- Using pressure-driven flow systems to evaluate laser speckle contrast imaging (Journal of Biomedical Optics, 2023; Source Code)
- Continuous blood flow visualization with laser speckle contrast imaging during neurovascular surgery (Neurophotonics, 2022)
- Dynamics of isoflurane-induced vasodilation and blood flow of cerebral vasculature revealed by multi-exposure speckle imaging (Journal of Neuroscience Methods, 2021; Source Code)
- Effect of vascular structure on laser speckle contrast imaging (Biomedical Optics Express, 2020)
- Peripheral electrical stimulation augments cerebral collateral circulation if performed within a critical time window. (bioRxiv, 2020)
- Multimodal mapping of neural activity and cerebral blood flow reveals long-lasting neurovascular dissociations after small-scale strokes (Science Advances, 2020)
- Rehabilitative training interacts with ischemia-instigated spine dynamics to promote a lasting population of new synapses in peri-infarct motor cortex (Journal of Neuroscience, 2019)
- Artery targeted photothrombosis widens the vascular penumbra, instigates peri-infarct neovascularization and models forelimb impairments (Scientific Reports, 2019)
- Imaging of cortical oxygen tension and blood flow following targeted photothrombotic stroke (Neurophotonics, 2018; Source Code)
- Nanoelectronics enabled chronic multimodal neural platform in a mouse ischemic model (Journal of Neuroscience Methods, 2018)
- In vivo multiphoton imaging of a diverse array of fluorophores to investigate deep neurovascular structure (Biomedical Optics Express, 2017)
- Continuous blood flow visualization with laser speckle contrast imaging (Application No. 63/335,854)
- Multi-Exposure Speckle Imaging for quantitative evaluation of cortical blood flow (Neural Repair: Methods and Protocols, 2023)
Posters / Presentations
- Continuous Blood Flow Visualization with Laser Speckle Contrast Imaging During Cerebrovascular Surgery (AANS 2022)
- Laser Speckle Contrast Imaging for Intraoperative Blood Flow Visualization During Neurosurgery (Biophotonics Congress: Biomedical Optics 2022)
- Statistical Anatomy of Microvascular Networks in Living Mouse Cortex (Biophotonics Congress: Biomedical Optics 2022)
- Intraoperative real-time and continuous cerebral blood flow visualization with laser speckle contrast imaging (Clinical and Translational Neurophotonics 2022)
- Longitudinal multimodal mapping of neural activity and blood flow reveals neurovascular dissociations in an awake mouse model of microinfarcts (Neural Imaging and Sensing 2020)
- Longitudinal multimodal mapping of neural activity and blood flow reveals neurovascular dissociations in an awake mouse model of microinfarcts (Neuroscience 2019)
- A bi-directional optical-genetic toolkit for reading and writing topographic neural population codes in behaving macaque cortex (Neuroscience 2019)
- Computational speckle contrast optical tomography (SPIE BiOS 2019)
- A fast three-dimensional dynamic light scattering computational model for imaging through turbid media (Advances in Optics for Biotechnology, Medicine and Surgery XVI 2019)
- Concurrent optical imaging and extracellular recording for longitudinal studies of behaving brain (Neuroscience 2017)
- Targeted photothrombotic stroke to mouse motor cortex instigates sustained increases in dendritic spine turnover that continue after impairments improve (Neuroscience 2017)
- Targeted photothrombotic stroke: a method for producing upper extremity impairments in mice (Neuroscience 2016)
- Enlarging the penumbra with a slight variation of the standard photothrombotic technique: targeted artery occlusion (Neuroscience 2016)
- Development of a 3D-printed Laser Speckle Contrast Imaging System (BMES 2016)
- Simultaneous imaging of oxygen tension and blood flow during stroke using a digital micromirror device (Austin Translational Neuroscience Symposium 2014)
- Simultaneous imaging of oxygen tension and blood flow during stroke using a digital micromirror device (BMES 2014)
- Delivery of oxygen-sensitive two-photon contrast agent to the mouse brain via blood brain barrier disruption using ultrasound and microbubbles (BMES 2013)
Thesis: Demonstrating fluorescence functionality of a fluorogen-activating protein force sensor
Project: Development of a novel protein-based force sensor for use in detecting and measuring tensile mechanical forces related to cellular adhesion. Focused on the design of an in vitro testing system to selectively apply forces to the chimeric fluorogen-activating protein and visualize the resulting changes in fluorescent signal.
Poster: Demonstrating functionality of fluorogen-activating protein force sensor (UW Undergraduate Research Symposium 2011)
Advisor: Ming Luo, Ph.D. (Center for Biophysical Sciences and Engineering)
Project: Developed protocol for the isolation and chromatographic purification of recombinant Ebola virus nucleocapsid protein for characterization with electron microscopy and RNA extraction.